You’ve managed to get your business online, and it’s running brilliantly! Sales for your goods are coming in, the pictures look great, and people are signing-up for your newsletter in exciting numbers! Your little online store is offering some great services, and those services need to be properly explained to your users when they engage with your platform. And having comprehensive Website T&Cs in place on your site, allows you to not only comply with applicable SA online laws, but also protect your online assets when the law can’t! This is where Legalese’s Combined Website Policy comes in to sort out your platform’s legals!
Legalese’s Combined Website Policy is one comprehensive, but user-friendly Website Policy, which actually consists of the “Big 5” of legal components:
- Terms of Service (the place to provide all the information the CPA and ECTA require, and to explain your Services. *Remember: if you’re providing a specifically regulated service, this is also the place where you put in all of the mandatory information you need to convey)
- Intellectual Property Policy (a bespoke section detailing that all IP on the platform is yours and THEY CAN’T USE IT!).
- Disclaimers & Indemnities (the place explaining to users what actions/omission you’re liable for, and for what you’re not).
With this Policy, which format you can completely tailor as you please, you ensure that your online store complies with SA law, and is clear in conveying your and users’ rights and duties. You also establish your rights to protect your IP with contractual duties, and venture far down your road to total POPI compliance.
With one simple product, you get it all! Sleep well at night, knowing that your online store has T&Cs which you can hold up proudly, and make you legal for all of the services you’re providing.
As part of this product package, we will provide you with the following:
- A telephone call or personal meeting where we run you through a discussion about your website’s services, to then decide on the terms required of your unique website policy.
- We draft the website policy, tailored to suit your needs.
- You review the agreement and send your comments back to us for feedback.
- We finalise the draft, ready to be uploaded to your platform!