In an age where the value of personal information is being truly understood and exploited, your company’s interplay with its customers data is becoming more regulated and monitored. If you want to understand the value of getting this wrong, just Google Cambridge Analyitica saga…
If you are in any way collecting, receiving, recording, organising, or storing your customer’s personal information then you need to ensure you’re doing it in accordance with the impending Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI).
Your total compliance with POPI requires more than just a simple copy-and-paste policy. You need to ensure your website’s operations comply with the POPI standards.
Legalese’s POPI Checklist:
- Can be used by any entity or person who is processing the personal information of others (essentially… anyone).
- Outlines the legal considerations and requirements applicable to the processing of personal information of all users, customers, suppliers or anyone else on your site whose information you process.
- Provides a clearly laid out benchmark against which you can build your site’s data protection policy and operations.
- Provides a starting point if you intend on complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (POPI’s bigger, scarier European Union version).
Legalese’s POPI Checklist is clear, user-friendly and allows you to improve your data-protection compliance. It can also be used by all of your operations, companies or endeavours, in that it is general in application and has useful information for all such parties.
As part of this POPI Checklist, we will provide you with the following:
- Have a telephone call or personal meeting where we run you through a discussion on how exactly you are processing personal information.
- We draft the POPI Checklist, and deliver it to you.