In an age where the value of personal information is being truly understood and exploited, your company’s interplay with its customers data is becoming more regulated and monitored. If you want to understand the value of getting this wrong, just Google Cambridge Analyitica saga…
If you are in any way collecting, receiving, recording, organising, or storing your customer’s personal information then you need to ensure you’re doing it in accordance with the impending Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) and keeping your user’s data private and secure.
Your total compliance with POPI’s privacy provisions requires more than just a simple copy-and-paste policy. You need to ensure your website’s operations comply with the POPI standards.
- Contains all the mandatory information required by POPI in order to ensure compliance regarding data processing.
- Allows you to clearly explain to your users how their personal information will be collected, stored and used.
- Provides a starting point if you intend on complying by the General Data Protection Regulations (POPI’s bigger, scarier European Union version).
As part of this legal product, we will provide you with the following:
- Have a telephone call or personal meeting where we run you through a discussion on how exactly you are processing personal information.
- You review the draft policy and send your comments back to us for feedback.
- We then finalize the draft and have it ready for your upload and use.